World Premiere: Einride and DB Schenker to inaugurate first cab-less and autonomous, fully electric truck on public road
Join us to experience the first cab-less, fully electric truck – Einride’s pod – on a public road, as daily transport between a warehouse and a terminal commence. The official inauguration of the flow will take place on 15th May at DB Schenker’s facility in Jönköping, Sweden. Robert Falck, founder and CEO of Einride, Jochen Thewes, CEO of DB Schenker, and Mats Grundius, CEO of DB Schenker Cluster Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, will host the event.
• In November, the Swedish startup Einride and leading logistics firm DB Schenker initiated the first installation of an autonomous, all-electric truck or "pod" at a DB Schenker facility in Jönköping, Sweden. It was the first commercial installation of its kind in the world.
• March 7 the Swedish Transport Agency concluded that the Einride pod is able operate in accordance with Swedish traffic regulations. March 11, the agency approved Einride’s application to expand the pilot to a public road.
• The permit applies to a short distance on a public road within an industrial area – between a warehouse and a terminal – where traffic speeds are typically low. The permit is valid until December 31, 2020.
• Einride and DB Schenker entered into a commercial agreement in April 2018 that includes the pilot in Jönköping and an option for additional pilots internationally.
• Daily transport between a warehouse and a terminal will commence 15th May with a special demonstration for media.
When and where:
• 15th May, 10:00 AM CET, Hook Manor – press briefing (a bus will transport you from Hook Manor to the DB Schenker site) - https://www.hooksherrgard.se/om-oss/hitta-hit/
• 10.00 AM: Briefing Briefing with DB Schenker’s CEO Jochen Thewes, Mats Grundius, CEO of DB Schenker Cluster Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Robert Falck, founder and CEO of Einride. This will include information about which route the vehicle will travel. Followed by a short bus ride to DB Schenker’s facilities in Jönköping.
• 11.30 AM: Public road demonstration Einride’s autonomous, electric vehicle, the pod, will drive on public road, delivering goods between DB Schenker’s warehouse and terminal in Jönköping. Afterwards there will be time for follow up interviews with spokespeople onsite as well as additional photo opportunity of the Einride pod.
Nicholas Rundbom Communications Director, Einride firstname.lastname@example.org + 46 725 11 66 73