World Premiere: Einride and DB Schenker to inaugurate first cab-less and autonomous, fully electric truck on public road
Join us to experience the first cab-less, fully electric truck – Einride’s autonomous vehicle – on a public road, as daily transport between a warehouse and a terminal commence. The official inauguration of the flow will take place on 15th May at DB Schenker’s facility in Jönköping, Sweden. Robert Falck, founder and CEO of Einride, Jochen Thewes, CEO of DB Schenker, and Mats Grundius, CEO of DB Schenker Cluster Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, will host the event.
• In November, the Swedish startup Einride and leading logistics firm DB Schenker initiated the first installation of an autonomous, all-electric truck or "" at a DB Schenker facility in Jönköping, Sweden. It was the first commercial installation of its kind in the world.
• March 7 the Swedish Transport Agency concluded that the Einride autonomous vehicle is able operate in accordance with Swedish traffic regulations. March 11, the agency approved Einride’s application to expand the pilot to a public road.
• The permit applies to a short distance on a public road within an industrial area – between a warehouse and a terminal – where traffic speeds are typically low. The permit is valid until December 31, 2020.
• Einride and DB Schenker entered into a commercial agreement in April 2018 that includes the pilot in Jönköping and an option for additional pilots internationally.
• Daily transport between a warehouse and a terminal will commence 15th May with a special demonstration for media.
When and where:
• 15th May, 10:00 AM CET, Hook Manor – press briefing (a bus will transport you from Hook Manor to the DB Schenker site) - https://www.hooksherrgard.se/om-oss/hitta-hit/
• 10.00 AM: Briefing Briefing with DB Schenker’s CEO Jochen Thewes, Mats Grundius, CEO of DB Schenker Cluster Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Robert Falck, founder and CEO of Einride. This will include information about which route the vehicle will travel. Followed by a short bus ride to DB Schenker’s facilities in Jönköping.
• 11.30 AM: Public road demonstration Einride’s autonomous, electric vehicle, the autonomous vehicle will drive on public road, delivering goods between DB Schenker’s warehouse and terminal in Jönköping. Afterwards there will be time for follow up interviews with spokespeople onsite as well as additional photo opportunity of the Einride autonomous vehicle.
Nicholas Rundbom Communications Director, Einride firstname.lastname@example.org + 46 725 11 66 73
|12.7.2022||Einride Secures $500 Million in Financing to Accelerate Deployment of Sustainable Freight Mobility|
|12.1.2022||Einride Launches in Benelux with World’s Leading Brewer, AB InBev to Lead Electric Transport Transformation in the Region|
|11.2.2022||Einride Unveils Disruptive Freight Mobility Solutions at November Release Event|
|10.27.2022||Einride Completes Historic Autonomous Vehicle Pilot on US Public Road With GE Appliances|
|9.15.2022||Einride Goes Live in Germany – Introduces a New Generation of Shipping Technology|
|7.28.2022||Einride and Beyond Meat® Work Together to Introduce Electric Vehicles to Beyond Meat’s U.S. Shipping Network|
|6.23.2022||New Type of Vehicle Developed by Einride Gets NHTSA Approval to Operate on US Public Road|
|6.9.2022||Einride and Oatly Expand Partnership to Electrify Oatly's North American Fleet|
|5.19.2022||Einride Unveils Expanded Product Offerings At First User Conference, Einride Mesh|
|3.24.2022||Einride and A.P. Moller - Maersk Partner for Largest Ever Electrification of Heavy Duty Road Freight|
|3.14.2022||Einride unveils world's first remote operator of autonomous, electric vehicle fleet|
|1.10.2022||Einride Brings on Freight Industry Expert to Lead European Team – Robert Ziegler Joins as General Manager, Europe|
|11.3.2021||Einride launches in the US - first to US market with the future of shipping|
|10.26.2021||Einride & GE Appliances announce first U.S. fleet of autonomous and electric trucks|
|8.12.2021||Einride Partners with Bridgestone to Create Cleaner, Safer, Low-Carbon Freight Mobility|
|6.22.2021||Co-founder of Klarna, Niklas Adalberth, joins Board of Directors at Einride|
|5.6.2021||Einride raises $110 million Series B to accelerate the future of freight mobility|
|3.16.2021||SKF and Einride enter into partnership for testing autonomous and electric transport|
|2.22.2021||Einride and Electrolux enter innovation partnership to electrify transports|
|2.16.2021||Einride and Lidl roll out intelligent and sustainable transport|
|12.3.2020||Einride next-generation Pods powered by NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin for high-speed autonomous operations|
|11.12.2020||Einride strengthens logistics expertise with transportation industry research veteran|
|10.30.2020||Oatly reduces carbon footprint by 87% on selected routes in first month with Einride electric trucks and freight mobility platform|
|10.20.2020||Polarrenen drives transition to sustainable transport by becoming Einride financing partner|
|10.15.2020||Einride autonomous vehicle becomes first to set a record for an autonomous electric freight vehicle at the Top Gear track|
|10.8.2020||Einride launches next-generation autonomous vehicle, makes autonomous electric transport commercially available worldwide|
|10.2.2020||Einride Emerges as Leader in Autonomous Freight, Generating Revenue and Announcing New Investment from impact fund Norrsken VC|
|6.3.2020||Einride Launches Intelligent Freight Mobility Platform, Makes Sustainable Transport Attainable Today|
|5.14.2020||Einride partners with Oatly to electrify transport in Sweden|
|4.22.2020||Switching to sustainable freight: Lidl and Einride to electrify transport in Sweden|
|4.7.2020||Einride showcases one operator, multiple vehicle capability at a customer site|
|2.14.2020||Einride launches a beta version of the freight mobility platform for shippers|
|12.6.2019||Coca-Cola European Partners teams up with Einride for sustainable transport|
|10.10.2019||Einride raises $25 million series A to accelerate commercialization of its Autonomous, Electric Transport System|
|10.3.2019||Port of Helsingborg signs Innovation Partnership with Einride|
|8.22.2019||Anders Böös new Chairman of Einride’s Board of Directors|
|6.5.2019||Michelin Group to implement sustainable transport system from Einride|
|5.16.2019||World premiere: First cab-less and autonomous, fully electric truck in commercial operations on public road|
|5.8.2019||World Premiere: Einride and DB Schenker to inaugurate first cab-less and autonomous, fully electric truck on public road|
|5.8.2019||Einride and innovative Swedish logistics company collaborates around sustainable transport|
|4.26.2019||Former Head of Daimler Trucks Asia will join Einride’s board of directors|
|2.25.2019||Einride showcases new teleoperation solution at Mobile World Congress|
|2.14.2019||Einride is teaming up with Ericsson to demonstrate the future of transport at the world’s largest mobile event|
|11.7.2018||Einride, Ericsson and Telia partners on 5G to bring autonomous, all-electric vehicles to the market|
|11.6.2018||DB Schenker and Einride launch first commercial installation of an Einride autonomous vehicle|
|7.12.2018||All-electric, autonomous logging truck revealed at Goodwood Festival of Speed|
|4.18.2018||The world’s first self-driving truck on public roads — to be introduced in Sweden|
|10.25.2017||Einride, a Swedish self-driving transportation startup, partners with Lidl to reduce emissions by up to 93 percent|
|7.5.2017||The transport vehicle of the future; introducing Einride's autonomous vehicle|
|4.5.2017||Einride to change the future of transport with world’s first sustainable self-driving autonomous vehicle|