Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
As a State Government Affairs Intern at Einride, you'll be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero.
This role belongs to the Product Strategy & Government Affairs team in the U.S., reporting to the Senior Director of Government Affairs. The team is responsible for product planning for the U.S. market, public policy, and U.S. government affairs. They partner closely with the commercial and solutions architecture teams to keep the revolution going.
Einride is looking for a motivated student or recent graduate to support our policy & government affairs activities as we expand our business in the United States.
- Track, monitor, and analyze state legislative and administrative proposals that impact automation and electrification of the goods movement sector.
- Develop research reports in support of Einride’s policy development and advocacy goals.
- Maintain an internal tracker of state legislative priorities across the United States.
- Draft fact sheets, talking points, and relevant materials that support Einride’s policy priorities in focus states.
- Attend (virtually) and report on committee hearings and other legislative meetings on issues that impact Einride’s business.
- Participate in trade association and advocacy group meetings that pertain to policy priorities.
- Familiarity with legislative and public agency processes and practices, especially at the state or local level.
- An awareness of and interest in the public policy areas that Einride advocates for, including vehicle electrification and charging, automation, the freight or goods movement industry, and/or the supply chain.
- Familiarity with or experience in automotive, vehicle electrification, and/or vehicle automation policy is preferred.
- Experience working in a professional environment is preferred however this internship is open to entry-level applicants.
Skills and Requirements:
- Well organized and self-starting, an independent worker who knows how to find information, ask for assistance, and meet people.
- Takes clear ownership of tasks.
- Down to earth with a high ambition and an analytical, curious mind.
- Proficiency in the English language including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Ability to use professional office applications including word processing, powerpoint, excel, and cloud-based document storage and development (Google Suite).
- Applications are welcome for students in undergraduate school, graduate school, recent graduates, or other similar training programs or exchanges.
- This will be a paid internship.
- The need for this internship is immediate and will last through May 2023. The start date and end date can be adjusted as needed to accommodate academic calendars and course credit.
- Interns are expected to work between 10 and 20 hours per week.
This position is a remote position and requires the ability to work in a remote environment. Depending on the candidate’s location, there may be opportunities for in-person work (especially if located in Washington D.C., San Francisco, New York City, or Austin). We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
If you are driven by the ability to make a huge impact and reduce global greenhouse emissions, we’d love to hear from you. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
At Einride, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Einride is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.