Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
The U.S. Government Affairs team coordinates with relevant internal teams to develop strategic implications of public policy, legislative priorities and execute advocacy strategies. Our team advises the company on policy implications to current and future Einride operations, products and solutions. We serve as Einride’s liaison to policymakers at all levels of government. We are a dynamic, action-oriented team that focuses on creative thinking, strategic execution, and pragmatic solutions. We are committed to cross-functional collaborations across our company globally to ensure we deliver results that support Einride and our customers as a whole. We are looking for someone to serve as our go-to person to secure grants and incentives key to our commercial activities and guide our strategic decisions to improve our business case. You will collaborate closely with team members from Legal, Marketing, Commercial, Solution Architecture, and Operations to ensure we deliver outstanding customer value. We’re looking for a self-starter who is highly motivated and organized, and who enjoys multi-tasking and work autonomy.
As part of our newly launched Einride U.S. entity, you will help ensure our business success in North America going forward. Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2022 alone. You will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous. You will be joining a top talent team of ambitious, impact driven, highly accountable, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero emissions.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in a relevant field, such as: transportation policy, grant funding, carbon markets, energy policy, EV charging sector, infrastructure, government.
- Familiarity with Federal and state public funding, particularly clean energy policies, climate grants & subsidies, electricity markets & utilities, EV charging incentives, among other areas.
- Experience managing applications for grant funding, government loans or other public/research funding.
- A keen working understanding of U.S. federal and state policy making, public funding and government relations.
- Strong understanding of the policy issues important to Einride and the broader logistics industry including technology, telecommunications, transportation, labor, sustainability, electrification, automated driving systems, and others.
- Demonstrated work experience with companies, consultancies, trade associations, government agencies, or equivalent organizations.
- Ability to think creatively, act strategically, and deliver quick results on multiple projects.
- Team player with a true passion for delivering outstanding solutions, together with your colleagues.
- Solid experience in partnering effectively with all types of teams and levels of professionals, both in terms of colleagues as well as customers.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- You are an independent, hands-on problem solver at different levels that take clear ownership of tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Shape and own public funding process for Einride in the US
- Manage public funding database: Research, track, and regularly report public funding opportunities across teams, with support of interns when available
- Engage with Solutions and Commercial teams to proactively support customer engagements, informing cost management and pricing
- Support customer engagements by providing information on customer-eligible subsidies, incentives, tax breaks etc. which enhance their business case\
- Execute, submit and manage applications to secure funding for Einride-eligible subsidies
- Manage reporting requirements, brokers and external stakeholders as required by each program
- Research & develop program(s) for future carbon credit management
- Support engagements with economic development agencies as part of our broader business growth
- Represent the organization in all external settings including policy discussions, coalitions, advisory bodies, and other trade associations
- Engage in advocacy related to energy cost and reliability, energy efficiency, building decarbonization, and renewable energy.
- Work closely with the global team on shared learnings and continuous improvements.
- Wear many hats and work cross-functionally, establishing relationships across all areas of the business.