Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
You will be one of the first engineers hired into our newly launched Einride US entity and will help shape our engineering organization in North America going forward. Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2022 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous.
Job Role Overview
As Engineering Director of Perception and Prediction, you will be accountable for technical development and excellence within your area of expertise, growing and developing our technical teams, and will play a pivotal role in maturing our engineering organization. You must be a well-rounded software engineer with exceptional leadership skills and have real-world experience scaling a fast growing company advocating for Einride’s team members while promoting the Einride culture and vision.
- Develop a deep understanding of the technologies and the strategy required to deliver on the technology roadmap alongside the global leadership team
- Build a team and lead the technical organization in delivering highly scalable and reliable software that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision
- Partner and communicate effectively and clearly to multiple stakeholders such as engineers, operations and executive teams to deliver on the technology roadmap
- Develop the perception stack, integrate lidars, cameras sensors, and implement sensor fusion algorithms
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market and quality
- Combined 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience
- Recent experience developing complex functional architectures and software for prediction
- 3+ years of management experience: interviewing, hiring and leading teams of 10+
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Experience with but not limited to, deployment of vision based products, sensors, data fusion techniques, and machine learning
- Good understanding of the entire perception system, including sensor technologies and machine learning techniques and tools
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field experience
Nice to Have:
- 2 to 3 years working in self driving vehicle company, start-up environment
- Publications, patents and peer reviewed articles in the area of perception