Want to be part of transforming road freight – for good? Einride is showing the world a new way to move, based on the latest digital, electric and autonomous technologies. Through our offering – freight capacity as a service – we enable businesses around the world to accelerate towards their sustainability goals.
Founded in 2016, Einride became the first company in the world to deploy a cab-less autonomous electric vehicle on a public road (Sweden, 2019). In 2022, we were the first to successfully operate such a vehicle on a US public road. Today, we are a team of more than 500 people, and our award-winning technology is being deployed across 8 countries (and counting). Our clients include some of the world’s biggest shippers, including Fortune 500 companies.
Our Operations team is seeking a Fleet Manager to join our growing team. The Operations team is responsible for integrating Einride’s solution with existing client infrastructure in a future proof way. Putting theory into practice, they get the wheels of change spinning.
The Fleet Manager is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and supporting daily operations of class-8 BEV fleets. The position serves as a link between Einride’s customers, OEM’s, and Vendors in order to maximize vehicle uptime and provide substantial insight into operational performance of the fleet. The Fleet Manager will utilize product knowledge and software systems to accurately and proactively resolve issues and improve operational efficiency of the overall vehicle fleet.
- Manage fleet operations, including vehicle delivery, maintenance, and off-boarding
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize utilization and cost-efficiency
- Utilize your expertise in EV (Electric Vehicle) practices to guide the transition, deployment, and maintenance of a fleet of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Stay current on latest EV technologies, charging infrastructure, and industry trends
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements, permits and licenses
- Implement and monitor safety protocols and policies to maintain a safe, consistent experience for drivers and customers
- Engages with all types of customers; from front line management to C-level executives
- Plans, prepares and executes the deployment of Einride's products in specific regions and/or for dedicated customers
- Manages installation projects at customer sites (e.g. project management, partnership negotiations, detailed implementation planning, etc.) in close interaction with customers
- Will be part of building up local organization and ramping up operational capabilities
- Works closely with the global team on shared learnings and continuous improvements
- Wears many hats, works cross-functionally and establishes relationships across all areas of the business
- 5+ years of relevant experience in transport, mobility, automotive, logistics, or a similar industry
- 2+ years proven experience operating a fleet of vehicles
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Class-8 repair experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions
- Software competency with collaborative and data / reporting tools such as Slack, Google Workspace, Geotab, Fleetio, as well as familiarity with fleet management software and tools
- Understanding of regulatory compliance requirements related to fleet operations, transportation, DOT, and electric vehicles
- Team player with a true passion for delivering outstanding customer satisfaction together with your colleagues
- Demonstrated experience in partnering effectively with all types of teams, varying levels of professionals; both in terms of colleagues as well as customers
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- An independent, hands-on problem solver at different levels that take clear ownership of tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Class-A CDL preferred
- Able to work shift hours of 0600 - 1400 and be flexible for future shift changes
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k with employer match
- 25 days of PTO
At Einride, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Einride is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
At Einride, we are innovators, building solutions the world has never seen before – but urgently needs. That’s why we take action, and it’s why we are always eager to be challenged. We know that our best innovations come from having a diverse mix of people, including those of different experiences, career paths, and walks of life. By coming together and sharing our perspectives openly – by disagreeing, discussing, and committing – we deliver greater impact.