Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
You will be one of the first engineers hired into our newly launched Einride US entity and will help shape our engineering organization in North America going forward. Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2022 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous.
We are seeking a Principal Perception Engineer to research, develop and deploy perception software for autonomous driving on Einride’s Pods. You will work with hardworking, passionate and dedicated multi-functional engineers across hardware, software and operations to ensure the integration of the autonomous driving stack in our Pods and continuously improving the overall safety and quality of our autonomous mission.
- Develop a deep understanding of the technologies required to deliver on the technology roadmap for a world class perception platform for autonomous driving. This includes, but is not limited to, sensor integration, data fusion techniques for estimating and predicting the state of the environment
- Identify, initiate and maintain collaboration with strategic partners necessary to deliver on the technology roadmap
- Develop the perception tech stack, both on a conceptual level as well as in implementing solutions
- Push the envelope for quality and throughput by teaching, mentoring and supporting your colleagues
- BS, MS, or higher degree, in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of overall industry experience
- Have a good understanding of the entire perception system, including sensor technologies and machine learning techniques and tools
- Are driven, self-directed, committed, and want to work in a high-paced start-up environment
- Have experience productizing vision based perception systems in self driving vehicles
- Knowledge of the state of the art on perception algorithms and up to date on the latest proceedings from NeurIPS, CVPR etc.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity/warrants
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k with employer match
- 25 days of PTO in addition to Holidays and block out weeks