Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
Einride is growing exponentially and we are looking for a Fleet Tech Lead to join our Tech organization. This role will manage a fleet of manual and autonomous vehicles. You will oversee installation/validation of our autonomous vehicles and SW systems, preventative maintenance, calibrations, and on-going IT systems troubleshooting.
In addition to the Fleet Manager responsibilities, this role will also specifically contribute to the Tech Operations team. The Tech Operations team is responsible for safe operations, intelligent planning, and thoughtful execution of our AET platform.
- Take the lead in understanding, communicating and resolving any vehicle issues related to safety, hardware, software, or maintenance
- Drive tracking of fleet uptime, as well as improved initiatives or fleet uptimeCollaborate with IT engineers, technicians, program managers, fleet managers, and Remote Pod Operators to ensure that our fleet is well-maintained
- Create and implement daily vehicle checks and tasks to maintain efficient fulfillment of deliveries and high volume uptimes
- Ensure procedures are followed and checklists completed on a daily basis with proper escalation procedures as necessary
- Manage insurance, registration, automotive maintenance partnerships, and depot management
- Ability to adhere to schedule of operating times, including some weekends and evenings
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience working with IT infrastructure systems
- Respond to emergency situations with composure
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, run IT diagnostics
- Experience with computers and/or robotics systems including electrical and mechanical sensors, cameras, compute, and other associated equipment
- Expertise with scaling fleets, processes, or people (especially expanding vehicle fleets and creating process/vendor relationships to achieve scaling)
- Proven ability to coordinate vehicle/hardware configuration management and validation by working with cross-functional stakeholders to align on priorities, change management, and impact of configuration changes to fleet
- Experience with high voltage/DC electrical systems
- Ability to onboard at our R&D facility located in Gothenburg, Sweden within the first 3 months of employment
- Ability to travel to Sweden twice a year for system education
- Ability to relocate to Austin, TX
- Travel required up to 30%
Nice to have:
- Experience with autonomous, electric, or heavy vehicles
- Experience with pneumatic systems
- Experience with platforms such as JAMA, JIRA or similar
- Some introduction to Linux, Git, and command line tools
- Familiarity with mechanical work, sensors and systems
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity/warrants
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k with employer match
- 25 days of PTO in addition to Holidays
At Einride, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Einride is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.