Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride is creating a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
You will be one of the first engineers hired into our newly launched Einride US entity and will help shape our engineering organization in North America going forward. Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2021 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous.
Job Role Overview
As a Senior Software Engineer, Sensors you will be responsible for integration of sensors to our Autonomous Electric Trucks. This includes vision sensor integration to the vehicle, driver development, perception stack integration, calibration and field testing.
- Specify requirements for sensors and participate in vendor selection
- Designs and develops software drivers for sensors
- Vehicle integration and calibration of sensors, image quality verification, FOV
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers to fine tune image processing
- Test and debug sensors in the field and also qualify them under various environmental conditions
- BS, MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience building robotics and/or automotive software
- Experience with deployment of sensors in a self driving or robotics product
- Knowledge of sensor calibration, ISP, MIPI, GMSL interfaces, SOC DMA
- Knowledge in Linux, Go, C/C++, Python, gRPC, ROS, Docker
- Are driven, self-directed, committed, and want to work in a high-paced start-up environment
Nice to Have:
- Extensive experience in self driving industry
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity/warrants
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k with employer match
- 25 days of PTO in addition to Holidays and block out weeks
- Ability to work in person on a hybrid schedule in Austin, TX
- Dog friendly office