Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and humble Industrial Designer who is passionate about creating practical, simple and human solutions to complex problems that will help move the design at Einride forward. As an Industrial Designer at Einride, you'll be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero. This position is based in Stockholm.
As Industrial Designer you will be a part of an interdisciplinary team with the ability to work on a multitude of products within the einride ecosystem. Your responsibilities will include being a substantial part of the product development process all the way from the first user insights and ideas to implementation and scaling for mass production.
- Determine the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Undertake product research and analyze functional, commercial, aesthetic requirements.
- Formulate design concepts for products within the Einride product Ecosystem - Automotive / Industrial / Consumer Products.
- Prepare sketches, CAD models, diagrams, illustrations, plans, samples, consumer journey maps and models to communicate design concepts.
- Negotiate design solutions with relevant teams and stakeholders
- Select, specify and recommend functional and aesthetic materials, production methods and finishes for manufacturing.
- Prepare and commission prototypes and samples.
- Supervise the preparation CAD Files, Patterns, programmes, tooling, and the manufacture/prototyping process.
- Ensure high design quality in what we deliver to our users, in close collaboration with our product and tech team
- Take the lead on design for the projects you are involved in and work with different stakeholders to improve it
- Visualize the Einride vision for the future
- 4+ years of experience in designing high-quality hardware products
- Comfortable working with software such as:
NURBS CAD tools like Rhino or Autodesk Alias or similar
Rendering tools like Keyshot, V-Ray, VRED, Maxwell render or similar
Adobe Creative Cloud Package
- Fantastic design skills and sense of form that should be showcased in your portfolio
- Sketching skills for fast concept ideation
- A good understanding of manufacturing techniques and collaboration with engineers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where you continuously get to develop meaningful ideas and deliver real impact to our users
- You have experience from the automotive industry
- You have an understanding and interest in A-Class surfacing
- You master the art of digital sketching and visualization
- You have an understanding in mechanical design
- You have an interest in digital products, interface design, graphic design, UX Design
Please note that a design portfolio is an essential part of your application, and a requirement to be considered for this role. This position is based in Stockholm. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.