Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride is creating a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
You will be the first engineer hired into our newly launched Einride US entity and will help shape our engineering organization in North America going forward. Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2021 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous.
An Engineering Director at Einride is accountable for technical excellence within their area of expertise. Engineering Directors grow our technical expertise by identifying and acting on hiring needs in their area of expertise, and adjacent areas. But first and foremost a Engineering Director grows Einride as a whole, they are the advocates for Einride to their chapter members and promoters of the Einride culture and vision.
The Engineering Director is accountable for the growth of it’s chapter members, and their success at Einride. They are the trusted go-to person for their chapter members in all professional matters and the advocate for their chapter members within Einride. An Engineering Director supports their chapter members in setting and delivering on career development goals, and mentors their chapter members in translating company vision and strategy into technical deliveries.
- Join an ambitious, highly motivated team in implementing a full-stack solution for autonomous, electric transport.
- Work across the whole tech stack, from vehicle to cloud, designing and building simple, efficient and scalable solutions to challenging problems.
- Primary languages and technologies: Software development in Go, C and Rust on Linux. Backend development and data engineering on Google Cloud Platform.
We expect that you:
- Have a breadth of experience in software engineering, and you constantly push yourself to improve your skills and understand new concepts and domains.
- Are a pragmatic problem solver who loves to learn new skills and technologies, and you are comfortable with driving decisions on high-level architecture and strategic technology choices.
- Are driven, self-directed, and want to work in a high-paced start-up environment.
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
We prefer this person to be based in Austin, TX where we have our US headquarters. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
If you have any questions, please contact Talent & HR Manager Kendra Tyson at email@example.com