Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride is creating a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
You will be one of the first engineers hired into our newly launched Einride US entity and will help shape our engineering organization in North America going forward. Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2021 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous.
An Engineering Director at Einride is accountable for technical excellence within their area of expertise. Engineering Directors grow our technical expertise by identifying and acting on hiring needs in their area of expertise, and adjacent areas. But first and foremost a Chapter lead grows Einride as a whole, they are the advocates for Einride to their chapter members and promoters of the Einride culture and vision.
The Engineering Director is accountable for the growth of it’s chapter members, and their success at Einride. They are the trusted go-to person for their chapter members in all professional matters and the advocate for their chapter members within Einride. An Engineering Director supports their chapter members in setting and delivering on career development goals, and mentors their chapter members in translating company vision and strategy into technical deliveries.
- Develop a deep understanding of the technologies required to deliver on the technology roadmap for a world class perception platform for autonomous driving. This includes, but is not limited to, sensors, data fusion techniques for estimating and predicting the state of the environment.
- Identify, initiate and maintain collaboration with strategic partners necessary to deliver on the technology roadmap.
- Develop the company tech stack, both on a conceptual level as well as in implementing solutions.
- Push the envelope for quality and throughput by teaching, mentoring and supporting your colleagues.
We expect that you:
- Have recent experience with developing complex functional architectures and software for perception and prediction.
- Have a good understanding of the entire perception system, including sensor technologies and machine learning techniques and tools
- Have the latest proceedings from NeurIPS and CVPR as bedtime reading and dream about powerful graph transformers.
- Are a pragmatic problem solver who loves to learn new skills and technologies, and you are comfortable with driving decisions on high-level architecture and strategic technology choices.
- Are driven, self-directed, committed, and want to work in a high-paced start-up environment
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
We prefer this person to be based in Austin, TX where we have our US headquarters. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
If you have any questions, please contact Talent & HR Manager Kendra Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org