VP of Engineering, US
North America - Austin
Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
As the VP of Engineering for the United States you’ll have the unique opportunity to build and lead Einride’s first tech mission in the US: stand up low volume production and operation of US Autonomous Electric Trucks (AETs), while defining and executing on a road to industrialization and scale. You’ll be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero.
Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2021 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous.
- You are an experienced strategic leader in a modern, agile engineering environment
- You have a track record of building strong partnerships with automotive software and hardware suppliers
- You have a documented background in building high performance development teams and development areas - with focus on a people culture, organisation and agile ways of working
- You have previous experience from a start-up or scale-up environment
- You have experience in one of the fields:
- Complete product development
- Prototype production / Micro factory setup
- Automotive self driving vehicle development
- Avionics product development
- Build and lead Einride’s first tech mission in the US: stand up low volume production and operation of US Autonomous Electric Trucks (AET)
- Onboard tech operations competences necessary to achieve the team’s initial top priority; supporting autonomous vehicle pilot installations at customer sites
- Onboard AET build competences necessary to ensure low volume production of AETs in the US in collaboration with strategic partners
- Onboard AET industrialization competences necessary to define and execute on an industrialization strategy in the US.
- Join Einride’s technology management team and be a key player in shaping Einride’s global hardware scale-up strategy
- Lead the effort on developing US homologated AETs
- Manage and develop key technology partnerships in close collaboration with Einride’s US management team
- Report to Einride’s CTO, with a dotted line to Einride’s GM USA
- Ensure a healthy and productive team working culture
- Ensure effective organization and agile ways-of-working
- Ensure effective communication with stakeholders across Einride
- Oversee and manage team sentiment
- Ensure personal and career development opportunities for team members
- Manage people and day to day operations in the mission
- Be the closest manager of the technology members of the team
- Lead performance and salary reviews for the technology members of the mission
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
If you have any questions, please contact Talent & HR Manager Kendra Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org