Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride is creating a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
Einride is expanding to the US market and the Autonomous Vehicle Engineer will work closely together with Einride’s tech team in Sweden and US-team to ensure successful Einride pod pilots installations at customer sites in the US.
As an Autonomous Vehicle Engineer, you'll be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero emissions. We act without prestige and believe that great results are achieved when everyone is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what needs to be done.
Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2021 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous.
- Provide technical support to ensure successful Einride Pod pilot installations at US customer sites during 2021-2022
- Remotely monitor Pods during daily transport operations
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and escalate technical issues to Pod development teams at Einride
We expect from you:
- Experience with and aptitude for mechanical, electrical or software aspects of trucks and/or electric vehicles
- A T-shaped technical skillset, with demonstrated ability to tackle detailed technical issues and a broader technical understanding
- You thrive in a startup environment where each day is unique and the problems you tackle range from high to low and left to right
- Ability to travel between Einride US customer sites to support the initial implementation of autonomous vehicle pilot operations
- Existing commercial drivers licence, or willingness to acquire one via crash course as part of initial Einride onboarding
- Independent, hands on problem solver that takes clear ownership of tasks
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Previous experience or education related to autonomous vehicles
- Previous experience or education related to medium/heavy duty electric trucks
This position is full-time and will be based in Austin and will require traveling to customer sites. You will have daily interaction with your supervisor and team located both in the US and Europe. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.