Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
Einride’s IP team is seeking a patent engineer to embed within our tech organization. We are looking for someone who is both passionate about IP and developing a deep understanding of our technology. As a company we develop a number of technologies including autonomous driving vehicles & software, remote operation software and platforms which support electric & autonomous logistics.
What you will do:
- Bring IP awareness to our tech teams. You will be the first point of contact with our inventors. Help them understand what IP is, why it is valuable for Einride and how to best protect their innovations.
- Manage invention disclosures in your technology area. You will be responsible for reviewing & harvesting invention disclosures as well as deciding the best way to protect each innovation (patent, protect as trade secret, publish/open source).
- Manage the patent drafting & prosecution process with external patent councils for your technology area. Ensure that applications are well drafted & fully capture our inventions. Ensure granted patents meet our strategic IP needs.
- Form part of the Patent Group which decides on filing decisions, periodic portfolio review and intellectual asset mapping for the organization.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone with at least a couple of years of experience in a law/IP firm or in-house patent department with experience handling patent prosecution, patent drafting, and/or patent management.
- At least basic knowledge of both the US and EU patent systems. Being a registered patent agent/patent attorney or having started the EQE is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer related inventions is highly desired. Knowledge of autonomous systems is a plus.
This position is based in Stockholm or Gothenburg. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.