Want to be part of transforming road freight – for good? Einride is showing the world a new way to move, based on the latest digital, electric and autonomous technologies. Through our offering – freight capacity as a service – we enable businesses around the world to accelerate towards their sustainability goals.
Founded in 2016, Einride became the first company in the world to deploy a cab-less autonomous electric vehicle on a public road (Sweden, 2019). In 2022, we were the first to successfully operate such a vehicle on a US public road. Today, we are a team of more than 500 people, and our award-winning technology is being deployed across 8 countries (and counting). Our clients include some of the world’s biggest shippers, including Fortune 500 companies.
As a Supply Chain Planning Engineer - specializing in the planning of hardware updates of finished autonomous trucks, running at customer sites or test sites. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth transition from traditional vehicles to autonomous systems. You’ll work in a dynamic team building and driving the supply chain for Einride. We’re a dynamic team that is characterised by trust, helping each other and getting stuff done.
This role has a very tight relation to product development; being at the very forefront of technical development in the autonomous space. Your responsibilities will include developing and implementing efficient logistical planning processes, coordinating activities across various teams and parts of the world, setting a baseline of operation, optimizing resource allocation and ensuring the timely completion of projects. This position requires a strong understanding of logistics, project management, autonomous technologies and the capability of working seamlessly across many players in the company. With sound domain knowledge as a base; you are the spider in the web that makes things happen.
Key Responsibilities (Planning):
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop update plans for electric autonomous vehicles, working closely with engineering, operations and procurement
- Analyze project requirements, such as timelines, budget, and available resources, and devise comprehensive strategies accordingly
- Coordinate with external suppliers, vendors, and contractors to ensure the availability of necessary equipment, material and potentially tools for retrofitting activities
Key Responsibilities (Resource Allocation and Optimization):
- Develop resource allocation plans for activities, including personnel, equipment, and facilities, to ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Conduct capacity planning and ensure that the necessary resources are available at the right time and place
- Continuously monitor and optimize resource allocation processes to minimize downtime, reduce costs, and improve overall efficiency
Key Responsibilities (Project Management):
- Create project timelines, milestones, and deliverables for activities, ensuring alignment with broader organizational goals and objectives
- Coordinate and communicate with stakeholders, including internal teams, external partners, and customers, to provide updates on project progress and resolve any potential issues
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, safety standards, and industry best practices
Key Responsibilities (Continuous Improvement):
- Analyze data and performance metrics to identify areas for improvement in the retrofitting process, such as cycle time reduction, cost optimization, and quality enhancement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements, automation, and standardization initiatives that drive operational excellence
- Stay up to date with advancements in autonomous technologies, logistics, and related fields, and incorporate new knowledge into retrofitting planning and execution
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics or a related field (master’s degree is a plus)
- Strong understanding of logistics concepts, including supply chain management, inventory control, and transportation. You heart probably lies in the logistic space
- Experience with data analysis, visualization tools, or programming languages is a plus
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicle technology, retrofitting processes, and associated challenges is considered an advantage
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, such as Agile, Scrum, or Kanban
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to identify bottlenecks and optimize processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality, safety, and compliance
This position is based in Gothenburg or potentially Stockholm. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
At Einride, we are innovators, building solutions the world has never seen before – but urgently needs. That’s why we take action, and it’s why we are always eager to be challenged. We know that our best innovations come from having a diverse mix of people, including those of different experiences, career paths, and walks of life. By coming together and sharing our perspectives openly – by disagreeing, discussing, and committing – we deliver greater impact.